I consider myself a Designer, first & foremost. I am passionate about User Experience & Interaction Design. Helping big and complex organizations go forward in their design maturity level is one of my commitments. Scaling research, UX and UI design, community growth & design system adoption are my main concerns as a design director.
- Passionate for good, usable, attractive design
- Expert in Interaction Design & User Experience, Graphic Design, Research and Service Design
- Strong project management skills, leveraging innovation and cutting-edge methodologies
- Committed leader, motivating design teams with empathy, autonomy and growth opportunities
- Methodical, driven and determined to solve design problems to help clients function better
- Confident decision-maker, able to secure input and support from diverse stakeholders (business managers, IT, marketing, senior stakeholders...)
Jan 2019-present Design Director Sngular
Leading provider of end-to-end technology services & digital solutions; +500 employees; present in 4 countries
- Creating the firm’s first UX division, establishing the vision & methodologies, hiring, training & supervising the team (31 in Spain, 14 in Mexico)
- Lead Project Management of digital solutions, from proposal to creation to implementation, including managing all parties (researchers, UX/UI designers, other service designers...)
- Manage relationships with senior directors of clients, negotiating both ongoing and future projects
- Serve as Business Manager of all design projects, controlling budget & expenses, proposals, delivery...
2013-2019 Founder & Design Manager Realized
Full-service digital design boutique solving complex design projects end-to-end
- Built company from scratch, recruiting and supervising a team of 10
- Secured clients, creating proposals to meet their design needs and delivering innovative projects
- Projects including: e-commerce, websites (internal & external), platforms for diverse start-ups...
- Clients included: Santander, BBVA, Axa, IKEA, Codorníu, Amnesty International...
- Collaborated with leading Design Studios: FJORD/Accenture, Tecnilogica, Ilios.org...
Head of Design
Social media start-up
- Original founding member of this Internet start-up, led all visual and UX aspects of the project (conceptual design, wireframing, visual design, front development, etc.)
- Created from scratch departments for visual, UX, etc., including recruitment, hiring, training and day-to-day supervising of the team.
- Contract and collaborate with external providers.
2009 Head of Design AT Sistemas
Technology and engineering consultancy.
Hired to introduce the design aspect into this engineer-focused technological company; responsible for helping company implement design as a key component to client projects; hired designers for various projects and clients including banks, insurance companies and news media.
2008 - 2009 Designer Orange
Global telecommunications company
- Learned to design creatively within the limits of the strict brand identity of the company
2005 - 2007 Head of Design & Content Ozú.es
Hired as a design intern in 1997 when Ozu was Spanish first Internet portal; worked on look&feel of this small start-up.
Rehired in 2005, as Head of Design and Content, after OzuÕs acquisition by Vocento (leading Spanish media company); hired and led design staff.
Created the original visual design for dalealplay.com (Spanish version of YouTube).
2002 - 2005 Founder& Creative Director Apple Pie
Created design company (staff of 3), providing web, graphic, logo and other design products; learned the ins & outs of client management, sales, presentations and how to fulfill client needs.
I Focus on...
- I help users, teams and businesses to explore just how smoooth the experience inside digital products and services can be. Pioneering, managing, and selling new transactions, new touch points, or new processes. Always trying out new things. To grow. To develop.
- Design is a strategic force and influences business decisions that shape products and services. Companies that manage to organize their strategy around design make information and knowledge become part of the culture. I manage teams and ideas inside projects founded with limited time and money. In order to create a culture of pure knowledge and get ahead of the rest of the market.
- When a complex organization is interested in the scale at which it is capable to produce and implement a design, I help through evolving three elements. Design. The methodological way in which we attempt to resolve issues that revolve around the relationship between user, context and device. Design development. The technical implementation that we use to transform our hypotheses tested with real users into digital products. Design organization. The rituals, the structuring and the process by which a design team (more or less integrated with the development team) organizes itself to create a digital product.
Copenhagen Ins. of Interaction Design
Design of digital products
La Nave Nodriza (Madrid)
Bachelor Degree in Multimedia
UOC, Barcelona, Spain (ongoing study)
Master´s Certification in Web Design
Centro CICE (Madrid)
- 1998-2000 Advanced Technical Studies in Graphic Arts Centro I.E.S. Puerta Bonita (Madrid)
- 1995-1997 Technical Studies in Graphic Arts Centro I.E.S. Puerta Bonita (Madrid)